Monday, September 7, 2009

Where did my brain go?


Lately I have started worrying about my ability to concentrate for more than 5 seconds at the time. After I hit 40 it all started going down-hill... My life now consist of more or less funny incidents that prove to me that I am slowly loosing my brain!

Like when I got out of the grocery store, walked over to my dad's car, opened the back door, loaded all the groceries, sat down into the passenger seat and looked over at - A STRANGER! The man looked at me like I was a crazy car-jacker (Hello! Would I then be loading groceries into your car?) and all I could say was: You'r not my dad! Duh! I got out of the car and then had to proceed to get all the groceries out of the backseat too. My dad was just about having a fit over in his car. He couldn't stop laughing for an hour.

Then a few weeks later I was picking my son up from school, driving home with him, picking my girl up from daycare and taking her to choir practice. Sounds simple? This is what I did: Picked up son from school, drove home (30 minutes), changed shoes, got my son back into the car (?), passed the daycare center and drove (20 minutes) to choir practice. Stopped outside and looked over at my son, realizing that I had taken the wrong kid to choir practice and that my daughter was now at daycare after closing hours. I'm now known as the mom who forgot her kid at daycare (You have heard of those right? Usually a mom that smells of booze, cigarettes and has one lazy eye...)

And then I went out forgetting to put my bra on! Would be kind of cute if I was the petit perky kind of girl, but my D-cup sisters do not look their best swaying in the wind... and it was cold that day too! At least I didn't forget to put my skirt on this time. I did that once too - I had on a long sweater, high boots and a black short skirt (at least I thought so). Getting out of the car I look down and realize that my skirt is REALLY REALLY short - of course I had no skirt on! I actually had flashed the parking guard .... YIKES!

And the list just goes on!


15 comments:

Vicki said...

Your stories are so funny! I have a few I could share with you, too. I am quite a bit older than you so I just chalk it up to age! I think sometimes we get so busy our brain goes into overload. I have a feeling that is what is happening with you. Thanks for giving me some smiles today. Vicki

Alettesiriane said...

What your have been doing is normal !I have done all of this too!So must everyone else have.

helle said...

Velkommen i klubben af lallende oldinge! men vi er mange, der har gjort værre ting. Probably!

Nej alvorlig talt, det lyder mere som et stress-symptom, du skal være opmærksom på.
Take care, Helle

Amy said...

Oh this was so funny. You made me laugh. I think I am like you in some ways. If my head was not on me I would loose it.

Kristen said...

lmfao!

That poor man! And I'm glad your dad got was paying attention and got to witness that.

I didn't know you had a lazy eye...lol!

The answer {your boobage} is blowing in the wind...

Chrisy said...

So funny...you have such an ability to write girl! thank you!

caren said...

I've done nutty things like that too....I still can't find my brain.

Unknown said...

Haha.. Thanks For the laugh!!! :D xx

jane said...

haha! i thought i was the only one... besos-jane

Samsmama said...

I went to the pool and proceeded to take off my shirt to reveal my cute little bikini top. Then took off my shorts. To reveal my not at all cute underwear. Good times. And I was 22.

Amos said...

I think you just do these things so that I can sit over here on the other side of the pond and laugh my head off. I can just see your dad laughing his head off, that is HILARIOUS!!!!!! Love you!

Vera said...

Glad I am not the only one ;-)

M said...

And where did YOU go!!
Hvor er du snupp!
Herlig historie, jeg synes du er gjenrøs som flasher litt her og der, hihihih!!

Kristen said...

The wrong car one still cracks me up. LOVE IT!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Of course when anyone new takes the time to say hi on my blog I have to come check them out as well, so I've been perusing your blog and read this story and just laughed so hard because I can so relate in many different areas here. WOW! That was an extremely long run-on sentence, forgive me! LOL
Your blog is fabulous and I'm going to have to come back again.
Blessings,
Kim

Powered by IP2Location.com